Mikale
I have a wonderful friend living back in Chicago, i met her last semester when i lived with her in Arlington and i have to say she's one of those people God places in your path at exactly the right time for very important purposes. She and i got along SO well the very first time we met and she's been one of those people who understands, appreciates, encourages, and puts me in my place in a way only she can. Her sense of humor is uncanny, she.is.the.best. Yesterday she sent me a little message on g-chat (a lifesaver at work) of a quote having to do with finding the beautiful things around you even in the bleakest of situations... they're never too far away. I needed that.
I met a man in a parking garage last weekend and we ended up talking for hours in a dark little corner with a neon light about families and society and God. I've been craving a conversation like that for a very, very long time.
I got a few phone calls from 3 of my best friends in the world that made me burst out laughing, want to cry, make me miss poeple, and give me something to look forward to all at the same time. Mostly they took my mind off work at some very ideal times, which was more than I could ask for.
I had an epitome about a couple of people and their roles in my life as i was driving along in my car on Wednesday that made me shout out so loud and start freaking out... only to realize i was in stand- still traffic and numerous people were looking at me like i was crazy. You gotta smile at moments like that.
I attended a wonderful baptism last week in my ward and got to sit next to the girls' parents and best friend who were visiting. Talking to them about their view of the experience and their travel to make it there all the way from Minnesota because they knew this was important to their daughter was amazing. There was light in their eyes. I'm so glad I got to be there.
I had a flood of sweet memories return when I went to a concert and heard songs I'd performed with my Women's Ensemble in college. Songs have an awesome way of putting you back in a place that was so wonderful, that you may never want to return to for real, but for that moment you have freedom to live it and hear it and smell it and be that person again for a split second, only to realize how far you've come since then, what you're accomplished, how much certain people influenced your life, and how you want to keep changing even more.
My sister sent me the cutest pictures EVER of my new, beautiful niece and my stud of a nephew. He has this stellar hat on that makes him look like a GQ model and his little hand is on a lantern... a true mountain man. it's adorable. I couldn't help but show them off.


My life frustrates me sometimes when i don't feel like i have any control over things or their timing or how they play out. Sometimes I feel like I'm forever going to be on someone else's time schedule; that I'm running programs set up by someone else that I'm trying so hard to just keep afloat; that I'm not able to express how i really feel to people like i want to because of expectations and fear. But I'm starting to realize 2 really important things:
1. Patience is hard. It's a hard thing to learn to be patient with other people. Even harder to learn to be patient with yourself. I can list probablay 60 ways i'm learning that exact thing right now. I will spare you all of that.
2. Possibly one of the greatest truths I'm coming to know that as i grow older, and hopefully wiser, it is becomming more and more my choice that i don't have control over timing of things and how they playing out... that I'm able to "trust in the Lord" and "lean not unto my own understanding." I'm able to give that control to the One who knows when things should be playing out, who helps me remember the important things I need to do when my incredibly finite mind fails to remember anything really. And maybe being on His time schedule isn't such a bad thing, as long as i recognize it for what it is. I keep doing my part to move along and He helps me see the roses in the thorn patches of my life. Thank heaven He's willing to place people and situations there when i need them. Thank heaven He's willing to direct my paths, to pour down knowledge upon me, to chasten me, to teach me things that are for my exerience, and mostly to engrave me on the palms of His hands, never to be forgotton or mislead. I am one very blessed girl.

I keep moving and i keep moving fast, because as long as i do, i won't sink. I think about this one line in D&C 121 so often, just to keep my momentum going. So far it's worked:

"How long can rolling waters remain impure? What power shall stay the heavens?"
2 Responses
  1. Sandy Says:

    Hang in there girl! The best is yet to come.


  2. sarjuh Says:

    I agree with mama clark! you rock in so many ways.. like you rock out on your piano and mic, you rock when you are just sitting there thinking about something hard, you are a rock to so many of us who need one randomly in life, and you just rock! love you kale