It's been a while since I’ve been able to get on a computer where this site isn't blocked... mostly cuz true to form I lost my power cord and my laptop's been out of commission for a few weeks. Don't worry, I'm still alive and well and actually very very happy. Things are looking up in the life of little Ms. Clark.
Just got home last night from West Virginia, about 14 of us went up and stayed at a cabin in this remote little area for President's Day Weekend. The combination of personalities was just perfect, it was a blast. I met a lot of good people, caught up with old friends, got to sit in a hot tub which I haven't done FOREVER, went hiking, played a little rock band, and ate an entire cow in one sitting. Not bad for one weekend.
But back to reality, school's actually going very well. The task of choosing music/repertoire for 5 choirs has taken most of my planning energy for the last month and I’m really just ready for it to be over and to begin getting creative again. It zaps every ounce of everything you have when you don't know what to teach. I'd rather focus on the how part and I think I’m slowing getting to that point.
I just read a letter from on of my favorite people in the world, Sarah Earwig to the Wiggy What... at least that's what she's going by these days... anyway, she reminded me of a lot of memories from school and the days when i thought i was crazy busy and had a lot of responsibility. It's so funny how life changes in such a short time. I can't say i'm any busier or have any more responsibility, cuz let's be honest, we all have an awfully big responsibility in whatever stage of life we're in to make this world better... to use what we have and to improve our time. But those responsibilities change in the blink of an eye and I have certainly felt the effects of having more people that I'm responsible for and to than ever before. In some ways I miss falling asleep in strange positions on the floor next to my bed doing a face plant into a music history book studying for my own tests. But I'm learning to get used to the life of now falling asleep in strange positions on the floor next to my bed doing a face plant in student files and trying to figure out how on earth to create their tests. My body thankfully has gone into automatic mode of waking at 4:30 so I'm never late. Believe me, there are times that i wish i could be.
Kinda makes me wonder why i was so excited to get done with school... I'm never gonna be done with school. Finding that out. But honestly, something else i was thinking, i would be SOO bored working with adults every day of my life. That is NOT the life for me. I think about being in an office, which works so well for most of the people i associate with, and that's perfect for them, but every time i think about wanting to be somewhere else, i don't know what i would do if i wasn't around kids to keep me entertained all the time. It's just the way it has to be. and just FYI, i totally passed my PRAXIS Test! That means nothing to most of you but for me it means that i might just be hired back on someday, somewhere. That's good news.
In other news, i just have to tell everyone that my Grandpa joined the ranks of Facebook, an act that made me one of the happiest people of the day. Way to go Grandpa, i never would have expected it but it put a smile on my face for literally hours :)
i don't know quite know what to make out of this balmy weather we're getting here, there's no below-freezing temperatures and very very little snow. We did have an exciting bout of ice the other day but it didn't last long. Maybe it's all saving up for a really big storm and we'll get a snow day or two. But the reasons for moving up here to Maryland are perhaps becoming clearer, I'm really glad I'm here. I've met, quite frankly, some of the most... how do i say... intriguing people who are certainly making their mark. It's been well worth it ;)
All i got for now, more to come as long as i can keep this power cord in sight.
Just got home last night from West Virginia, about 14 of us went up and stayed at a cabin in this remote little area for President's Day Weekend. The combination of personalities was just perfect, it was a blast. I met a lot of good people, caught up with old friends, got to sit in a hot tub which I haven't done FOREVER, went hiking, played a little rock band, and ate an entire cow in one sitting. Not bad for one weekend.
But back to reality, school's actually going very well. The task of choosing music/repertoire for 5 choirs has taken most of my planning energy for the last month and I’m really just ready for it to be over and to begin getting creative again. It zaps every ounce of everything you have when you don't know what to teach. I'd rather focus on the how part and I think I’m slowing getting to that point.
I just read a letter from on of my favorite people in the world, Sarah Earwig to the Wiggy What... at least that's what she's going by these days... anyway, she reminded me of a lot of memories from school and the days when i thought i was crazy busy and had a lot of responsibility. It's so funny how life changes in such a short time. I can't say i'm any busier or have any more responsibility, cuz let's be honest, we all have an awfully big responsibility in whatever stage of life we're in to make this world better... to use what we have and to improve our time. But those responsibilities change in the blink of an eye and I have certainly felt the effects of having more people that I'm responsible for and to than ever before. In some ways I miss falling asleep in strange positions on the floor next to my bed doing a face plant into a music history book studying for my own tests. But I'm learning to get used to the life of now falling asleep in strange positions on the floor next to my bed doing a face plant in student files and trying to figure out how on earth to create their tests. My body thankfully has gone into automatic mode of waking at 4:30 so I'm never late. Believe me, there are times that i wish i could be.
Kinda makes me wonder why i was so excited to get done with school... I'm never gonna be done with school. Finding that out. But honestly, something else i was thinking, i would be SOO bored working with adults every day of my life. That is NOT the life for me. I think about being in an office, which works so well for most of the people i associate with, and that's perfect for them, but every time i think about wanting to be somewhere else, i don't know what i would do if i wasn't around kids to keep me entertained all the time. It's just the way it has to be. and just FYI, i totally passed my PRAXIS Test! That means nothing to most of you but for me it means that i might just be hired back on someday, somewhere. That's good news.
In other news, i just have to tell everyone that my Grandpa joined the ranks of Facebook, an act that made me one of the happiest people of the day. Way to go Grandpa, i never would have expected it but it put a smile on my face for literally hours :)
i don't know quite know what to make out of this balmy weather we're getting here, there's no below-freezing temperatures and very very little snow. We did have an exciting bout of ice the other day but it didn't last long. Maybe it's all saving up for a really big storm and we'll get a snow day or two. But the reasons for moving up here to Maryland are perhaps becoming clearer, I'm really glad I'm here. I've met, quite frankly, some of the most... how do i say... intriguing people who are certainly making their mark. It's been well worth it ;)
All i got for now, more to come as long as i can keep this power cord in sight.

HOO-RAY! So glad you're back!!
I've missed you Sis. I'm so proud of you and the woman you're becoming. It's incredible to see how the Lord slowly molds us into the people that wants/needs us to be. Good work.