Not sure if I bought it for myself or for my new classroom but when I picked up a new grade book today I also got a big poster that says "Mistakes are meant to be made, as long as you learn from them" or something along those cheesy lines. Moral of the story, I found myself laughing hysterically in my car, alone, today after I drove around getting lost for hours and then found out that all of my leads on housing were lost and gone forever. There's that point you reach when you don't know what else to do but laugh. I think God must be giggling as we make all these plans and watch them fall through. Somehow He gets all the pieces to line up eventually.
There's this little thing inside my head that keeps popping up that reminds me everything is going to change tomorrow. I'm no longer allowed to be irresponsible, though inevitably i will be. I'm no longer to take days off to randomly drive up to Montana or... where ever the heck i would go. I can't just slack off cuz i wanna go to a soccer game late at night. I can't use my student ID to get discounts at the movies anymore!! Where did all this come from? It's hard to believe that's what i agreed to when I decided i didn't want to pay tuition anymore. But in all seriousness, there is a small part of me that's really weirded out by it all. I feel grown up, but it's not the way i pictured it would be. It's kinda like watching someone else's life and making their decisions for them, just cuz it's what seems logical all along, and then one day realizing that that person is you. It's who you've become. It's cool and crazy and inspiring and nauseating all at the same time. Must be what my sister feels like right now.
So Ring a ding ding, Happy New Year! I forgot that part. Last night was fun, spent it with some friends from VA and ate some delicious fondue... I got back here Saturday night. Bless the good people of this world's hearts, there's a family in McLean who's letting me stay in their basement until i find a place. So don't worry, i'm not really living out of the White Wonder. WHO by the way will be replaced on Saturday... sad story for many of you who have many great memories with her as I do. She's been with me through a lot, and she has the stickers on the roof to prove it. but it's just time to move on to days of better gas mileage and newer carpeting. So please, submit any and all names you can think of for the new car; the most important details you need to know about it are that it's dark silvery-grayish and it's newer, smaller, and faster than the White Wonder.
But on to more exciting news, i get a new niece tomorrow and my sister gets a new baby! New job, new car, new niece, it's almost more than a girl can handle. I'll be sure to post pics as soon as i can.
Well, it's a school night and my new schedule requires a 4:15am wake up call. Dunno if I'm ready to teach, but I'm certainly ready to learn! I hope that's enough for now.
Livin' great in '08-
There's this little thing inside my head that keeps popping up that reminds me everything is going to change tomorrow. I'm no longer allowed to be irresponsible, though inevitably i will be. I'm no longer to take days off to randomly drive up to Montana or... where ever the heck i would go. I can't just slack off cuz i wanna go to a soccer game late at night. I can't use my student ID to get discounts at the movies anymore!! Where did all this come from? It's hard to believe that's what i agreed to when I decided i didn't want to pay tuition anymore. But in all seriousness, there is a small part of me that's really weirded out by it all. I feel grown up, but it's not the way i pictured it would be. It's kinda like watching someone else's life and making their decisions for them, just cuz it's what seems logical all along, and then one day realizing that that person is you. It's who you've become. It's cool and crazy and inspiring and nauseating all at the same time. Must be what my sister feels like right now.
So Ring a ding ding, Happy New Year! I forgot that part. Last night was fun, spent it with some friends from VA and ate some delicious fondue... I got back here Saturday night. Bless the good people of this world's hearts, there's a family in McLean who's letting me stay in their basement until i find a place. So don't worry, i'm not really living out of the White Wonder. WHO by the way will be replaced on Saturday... sad story for many of you who have many great memories with her as I do. She's been with me through a lot, and she has the stickers on the roof to prove it. but it's just time to move on to days of better gas mileage and newer carpeting. So please, submit any and all names you can think of for the new car; the most important details you need to know about it are that it's dark silvery-grayish and it's newer, smaller, and faster than the White Wonder.
But on to more exciting news, i get a new niece tomorrow and my sister gets a new baby! New job, new car, new niece, it's almost more than a girl can handle. I'll be sure to post pics as soon as i can.
Well, it's a school night and my new schedule requires a 4:15am wake up call. Dunno if I'm ready to teach, but I'm certainly ready to learn! I hope that's enough for now.
Livin' great in '08-

Oh my heck! You are darling! I just loved reading your blog. You look so fabulous. I have to say I was sad to hear about "White Wonder" I too have some great fond memories of that car.