so once i learned this song in primary that went like this:
Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy and wealthy and wise.
Okay, so i'm trying really hard to believe it but this whole early thing is gonna be the death of me. however, i did see the sunset today for the first time in a while.... can't tell you how excited i was about that.
First week went really really well. I can't believe how much work there is for me to do between getting ready for contests and festivals, finsihing up finals and assessments, choosing repetoire and figuring out how to teach 20 kids piano at the same time, memorizing 100+ names and a new school's policies, and scheduleing a bus with an uncooperative operator. All in all, i'm wiped out but so grateful to be where I am. I really am blessed. The kids are pretty excited to finally ahve a real teacher and i'm pretty excited to have real students so it works out well. I'm still living out of a suitcase which is less than ideal cuz i think my students really believe i only own 2 outfits, but maybe they'll be nicer to me because of it.
It was awesome on the first day of school to get multiple text messages from my amazing friends who remembered and wished me luck, and my incredible parents who i'm sure worry much more than they should. But I think they think that's their job. I guess i shouldn't leave them with nothing to do.
I have a new niece! i have yet to get many pictures but Sadie Belle Koudelka was born on Wednesday and i can't wait to plan a trip out west to see her. She's beautiful. So is her mom, it's no wonder.
Short and sweet tonight, going for that early to bed thing since i'm waking up at 4 for my long commute. I'm not so sure about healthy, I KNOW it's not making me wealthy (i'm a teacher ;)) and most would say i'm anything but wise, but hey, Primary taught it and I guess i should have some faith.
Faith is like a little seed....
Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy and wealthy and wise.
Okay, so i'm trying really hard to believe it but this whole early thing is gonna be the death of me. however, i did see the sunset today for the first time in a while.... can't tell you how excited i was about that.
First week went really really well. I can't believe how much work there is for me to do between getting ready for contests and festivals, finsihing up finals and assessments, choosing repetoire and figuring out how to teach 20 kids piano at the same time, memorizing 100+ names and a new school's policies, and scheduleing a bus with an uncooperative operator. All in all, i'm wiped out but so grateful to be where I am. I really am blessed. The kids are pretty excited to finally ahve a real teacher and i'm pretty excited to have real students so it works out well. I'm still living out of a suitcase which is less than ideal cuz i think my students really believe i only own 2 outfits, but maybe they'll be nicer to me because of it.
It was awesome on the first day of school to get multiple text messages from my amazing friends who remembered and wished me luck, and my incredible parents who i'm sure worry much more than they should. But I think they think that's their job. I guess i shouldn't leave them with nothing to do.
I have a new niece! i have yet to get many pictures but Sadie Belle Koudelka was born on Wednesday and i can't wait to plan a trip out west to see her. She's beautiful. So is her mom, it's no wonder.
Short and sweet tonight, going for that early to bed thing since i'm waking up at 4 for my long commute. I'm not so sure about healthy, I KNOW it's not making me wealthy (i'm a teacher ;)) and most would say i'm anything but wise, but hey, Primary taught it and I guess i should have some faith.
Faith is like a little seed....
