Mikale
I'm sitting here, staring at about 200 finals I should be grading. I just can't bring myself to do it, nor have i been able to all weekend. I woke up this morning at 3:30 and started mindlessly getting ready for work and almost walked out the door. Boy, is it true that there is nothing in the world like a Sunday. I wait and wait all week for them. I love that talk "Sunday Will Come." More than ever I resonate with those words.
But I have been thinking a lot this weekend about how grateful I am to live here in DC. Especially after Inauguration week and spending time with friends this weekend, i don't stop and think enough about why I stay. The world really is completely open to me and after traveling this season i realize that more than ever. But there's really nothing like getting lost driving (as i typically do) and then all of a sudden seeing that you're passing the Nation's Capitol Building on your right hand side. Or seeing the temple with the sun setting behind it on your drive home from work everyday.
I'm missing Utah lots lately, I bought tickets back for whirlwind weekend on a whim this week. Just can't stand being away from family for so long. It's really true, i missed my family much more than i think i realized being gone for the holidays.
But I'm happy. Just thought I'd voice it aloud today.
3 Responses
  1. Al Says:

    That's a good place to be miss, glad you're loving life, hope things pick up for you


  2. stacibee Says:

    YES!!! I'm so glad you're coming to visit. Isaac and Sadie just can't wait!!


  3. SarJuh Says:

    just think if you lived here, you could see the sun set behind lots of temples every day!! JK. But i do miss you, and cant wait to see you!love ya kales