Mikale
It's true... I may be the worst music teacher on the planet but I still don't have an i-pod. i just don't see a purpose for it. I listen to the music i want to when i want to via my computer, very old school CDs (remember those?), or the radio, and the rest of the time i have enough in my head to keep me going for a long while. I guess my whole deal is i've never been very into the technological side of things- my cell phone is pretty ghetto, my computer has been sitting in my backpack for the past 2 months waiting for me to get it running again, and i haven't lived in a house with a real tv in like 5 years, (minus a 4 month stint). Life is just easier, cheaper, and lots more exciting without all of that. i feel like all these things are creating a world of isolationists when they're used as excuses to not be around people. Heck, i can think of 100 really good reasons not to be around people, i don't need an ipod.





Okay, all of that was pretty much my excuse for not updating this little blog here. But I am proud to say that I took the time to get a couple of PS2s in my classroom yesterday for a "guitar hero" day in guitar class following our research project on "Guitar Hero." That's technology, right? and while it may have been slightly bad form, i figure once in a semester they deserve a little bit of a break. I'm going home to Chi-town on Tuesday, it's gonna be great to see my parents, see Steve-o, go to Nauvoo, and have a little break from life for a bit. Can't wait.





In other news, i finally got a Maryland driver's license this morning. I guess it's official after 14 months, i am no longer a Utah resident. They took a terrible picture of me, laminated it, and poof. I'm from Maryland now.





My best friend Sarah had her baby last week, Taylor Ann Wirig. It is so exciting to see her family multiply! I wish so badly i could be there and hold but soon enough. i just gotta find time to get out west again. Congrats to the Wirig family!





T-3 weeks till i'm off to Jerusalem. I can't hardly wait. Let me know if you have any pointers while i'm away.





I apologize for the boring post, i'll include a few pictures to make up for it.





Peace!





Who said I can't jam??
Rosie the Rivetor for Halloween :)
Camping out the night before our big race... Lancaster, PA: Deana, me, Tyler, Julie, Sarah

Deana, me, Eric, Kelly, and Ryan

1 Response
  1. Sandy Says:

    These are my new current loves:
    ...new Mikale blogs
    ...current pics
    ...you coming home for Thanksgiving! HOORAY!