Mikale
I'm grateful for celery stuffed with heaven knows what... my roommates and I were just hoping one of us would get to enjoy this delectable treat this holiday season...

I think I share my dad's sentiments that Thanksgiving is the best holiday, right there next to the 4th of July. What a fabulous week this has been at home, being able to relax, see family and friends, visit the Nauvoo Temple, run (hurray!), get some of my Christmas plans more in line, and think about what I want to be doing next year. I don't often get time to do these things (especially running...) and it's been a very nice time to count blessings. I'm grateful for the White Wonder. I'm grateful for leftovers. I'm grateful for my mom being willing to sew the buttons on my coat I've procrastinated doing for months. I'm grateful for 4 hour drives and 2 hour sessions. I'm grateful for my old piano at home that still sounds the same. I'm grateful for wonderful parents who really do anything for me. I'm grateful to be able to talk to my nephew on the phone. I'm grateful for a little brother on a mission. I'm grateful for another little brother with a great heart and a greater sense of humor. I'm grateful for a sister who appreciates rousing renditions of "happy birthday" over speaker phone. I'm grateful for dozens of "happy thanksgiving" text messages, so many that i can't keep up. I'm grateful for old friends mixed with Japanese curry. I'm grateful for winter clothing i can finally take back to DC, for 1 & 1/2 hour flights, for prayer, for the Book of Mormon, for advice about graduate programs, for a job, for a brain, for extended family, and for the capability to take pictures.

Life is good.
5 Responses
  1. Sandy Says:

    I am grateful for a daughter who brought laughter, friends, a quick trip to Nauvoo, a fun run, a fast and furious shopping trip, music but most of all LOVE to our Thanksgiving season. We'll see you soon on your own turf!


  2. Sandy Says:

    I LOVED having my daughter home! It seemed like a flash in the night but we managed to eat, laugh, drive, get stuck at restaurant, fun run equipped with awesome first aid kit (and safety vehicle), Nauvoo "give", power shop, and enjoy friends. Can't wait to see you in DC!


  3. SarJuh Says:

    im grateful for you


  4. sarjuh Says:

    um you forgot to mention pencils?! looks like from that photo, you are pretty grateful for pencils!


  5. Mikale Says:

    ah yes, those are my mom's famous Clark Family "mood for gratitude 5k" pencils. Only the best.