Mikale
It's nice to have some time off but I gotta admit, I'm going crazy trying to make myself motivated to go into school and actually start being productive. On the flip side, I don't think I can take another trip to spend a dime more on moving or running necessary but completely tedious errands around. I think I'm just gonna take my bike and hit the town today. Arlington was great cuz all of the memorials were just 2 miles away. I'll have to test my luck and see how close I can get from here.

I'm moving into a house in Silver Spring, it's a great location with fantastic roommates. Brian and I drove out here on Saturday, equipped with his bag full of chewy chips ahoy and a murder mystery that ended up being 8 hours of decent suspense for a fairly lousy ending. I could have sworn it was the butler.

Back in DC and cooking steaks at Camille's... we don't waste a minute :)

It's always great to have Bri here, he's leaving for BYU on the 18th of this month and it's gonna be really strange going home and not having him be there.

Oh man, Saturday we had a "Core Reunion" (minus one) and went to breakfast back in Naperville. There was a group of 6 of us, 3 boys and 3 girls, who started all hanging out in middle school and high school. We named ourselves the Core (i know, how much more cliquish can you get). I remember the days when we'd have our parents switch off who drove us from place to place, which was typically downtown Naperville where we felt all the of the thrills of our freshman year were just waiting to be discovered. And they were, we have some great memories jumping into fountains, scaring ourselves to death in the forest behind my house, and drinking high class cream soda. High school presented some problems when we had to start figuring out how other people fit into our little equation when everyone started making new friends and dating new people... it caused a bit of stress sometimes, but things like Saturday just go to prove that great friends can stay great friends after years and years. I'll be honest, I'm probably the first to blame for not staying in as good of touch with them all as I should be, going to Utah for college put quite a bit of distance from most of their Illinois schools. Shane and I certainly keep in touch better than the rest, seeing as he was out in Provo with me. But besides all of us "growing up," graduating from college and getting jobs and such, not much has changed from the outside looking in... (which, sidenote, just furthers my theory that people that stay friends with me for too long will inevitably never get married... dunno why but if you were to take a poll of people's friends and the percentages of them that get hitched, i'm in like the -10th percentile. Andree and Sarah are the only exceptions. just, beware.)

Moral of the story is NOT that you shouldn't be friends with me, but more that there's nothing better to balance out a month of "newness" all around than to kickback with your high school buddies, even for a brief morning.

Ryan and Shane Angela and Athena

Everyone... minus Cody :(
3 Responses
  1. stacibee Says:

    Good for you...way to stay connected. Where was the Code-Man?


  2. SarJuh Says:

    pretty sure i got married because of you! i mean think about it, you always fell asleep on our floor when i wanted to play, so i had to go make another friend in those moments... happened to be a boy, and wa-la... up and fat now! so thanks for being my friend cause life rocks!


  3. Girl Says:

    I'm glad you didn't curse me!!!!