Mikale
I apologize for the tacky Beatles' reference, I've been doing that lot lately as we prep for our Pops Concert and the kids start singing songs every waking hour... it seemed appropriate.
I admit i've slacked a little in the blog world but I just never feel i have the words to express what i've been thinking lately. It's been a great week, a lot of "firsts" for me. I'm currently trying to figure out what to do with my next year, my job, my living situation, my life, all those important things that seem to come to your mind 2 weeks too late and all at once.
First off, General Conference was historical, I thought. I'll never forget some of things i learned and saw for the first time. I'm so greatful for a living prophet and continued revelation.
I got to see the opera "The Flying Dutchman" on Monday at the Kennedy Center, it's a German Opera by Wagner and I say in the President's Box! i'm grateful for friends who have the hook-up and aren't afraid to use it :) Thursday i went and saw my students perform "Footloose." I've honestly never seen the show or the movie so it was good to finally understand the story line. They had a blast, i could tell. The latter part of this week/weekend was great too, Friday night I went and saw a very interesting fireside on the Middle East and the gospel. It makes me want to live my dream of going to Jerusalem SOO badly. Saturday our ward had a 5K run through a park up in maryland. I love races, i love getting people together to run, and i really love my ward. It's packed intellect and wit and good, solid people and they really do serve as your family when you're out here without family of your own.
Saturday night was a very necessary Arlington visit for a birthday party where I tried fruit salsa for the first time... it was amazing. Homemade cinnamon/sugar baked tortillas (chips) and then tons of fruit chopped up really small mixed with sugar. I highly suggest it for you next party.
Lately, though, I've had this one conference talk on my mind from last year, "Sunday Will Come." Sunday has always been a good day to think, to relax, to go to church, but recently, something inside me transforms on Sundays. I don't ever want to leave church. Sundays are literally the only times that i feel "rest." The rest talked about in Matthew that only the Lord gives, the kind of rest Enos talks about in the final verse of his book, that kind of rest where your heart isn't moving at a million miles an hour and your mind can focus on the one thing you WANT it to focus on and not the 100 million things it's FORCED to focus on the other 6 days of the week. I finally understand why it's such a hopeful phrase, knowing that Sunday Will Come, no matter what happens the rest of the week. I look forward to days like today. There was a baptism, a fireside, and just a lot of catching up with friends and family. it's truly rejuvenating.
I'm getting geared up for our Spring Concert at school, i've decided to have the theme be "Home." A lot of our songs ironically revolve around that so it worked out nicely. It's gonna be a crunch trying to get everything learned plus our Pops Concert plus graduation but then it's over! i get a summer! So just make it through this last big stretch, Ms. Clark... i really actually it's gonna be fun.
De ja vu the other day, i discovered this trail that took me back to my days of playing the forest behind our house, fully equipped with a river, tree logs, and 6 year old boys without shirts (or with xxl basketball jerseys hanging off one shoulder) sword fighting with sticks. There are sand beaches along the river dogs playing and running around, wildflowers taking over; it's like a little haven away from the grind of the everyday world. I'll have to post pictures.
I get to go see my family in a couple weeks in Chicago... i'm pumped. Weekends away are almost as rejuvenating as a good Sunday :)
0 Responses