Mikale


I sang a song in Sacrament Meeting today and told my mom I’d post the lyrics. This song has been significant to me at many times in the past few years and today I sang it with her mind.




May I Serve Thee?
Words and music by: Tammy Simister
Robinson


Lord, take these hands
Let me use these hands to serve thee willingly
Lord, take these ears
Let me hear thy words and humbly follow thee

Lord, raise my arms
Let them tenderly enfold someone in pain
Then let me know
When my unsure hands should set them free again
Though I know I am weak
And I know thy mighty power can do anything
Simple gifts I now bring
To set before my Savior, Lord, and King
May I serve thee?

Lord take these lips
Let the words I speak be formed at thy command
Grant me the gift to impart the thoughts
All hearts can understand

Open my eyes
Give me knowledge of the glories yet to be
Then move my feet in a path, unwavering,
Leading me to thee

Give my heart song
Let the notes combine to ring eternal truth
Lifting my soul
Every moment let my song begin anew

May I serve thee Lord?
May I humbly live for thee?



More than anyone I know, my mom has dedicated her life to service. Even with no kids left in the house she never has a moment to herself as she finds (or people in need find her) those who need her help. She is a loving support to my father, a lifesaver to her children, and a friend to everyone. I love you, Mom. I love you bigger than the world.

3 Responses
  1. Sandy Says:

    I love the words to the song. I am imagining in my mind you singing like an angel...because I know you did. What a lucky mom I am. Much love to my angel daughter!


  2. stacibee Says:

    I love mom too. What a sweet tribute.


  3. sarjuh Says:

    um i want you to come and sing that for me k? brings back sunday concerts in 120 memories! love ya kales!