N/A
Mikale
I had a great week. I had some friends come in that i worked with this summer and did some of the tourist stuff that i just haven't had an excuse to do yet. We took a Capitol Dome tour, went to the Holocaust Museum, saw some of the memorials, ate at some incredible restaurants, saw a Nat's game, watched the Olympics, all that good stuff. And then to top it off, last night i went to the most fabulous concert in Anacostia with a great friend of mine. It was a funk concert, i'll admit that's a genre i don't know much about, but it was part of one of those free summer concert series and there were over 15,000 people at this park. There were more glow sticks and toys and grills going than i have ever seen, this park was just plastered with people who weren't afraid to dance and move and it was so high energy. I'm glad i have people that will do stuff like that with me and not be all uncomfortable in novel situations. We found this Jamaican restaurant afterward that was divine, i am certainly going back someday.
It's weeks like this that the thought of going back to school does two things to me: first, makes me kind of sad that i can't do all this stuff on school nights anymore, but second, it also makes me really excited to get in and start learning and sharing stories with a different audience again. Work, though tiring, is so necessary and so liberating in it's own right. I had a good solid 3 weeks of vacation when i didn't have to get up until i wanted to and i'm ready to get back to a schedule.
Summer has been good to me. I'm sad that i'm missing out on a big Curtis reunion going on right now out west but overall, i've done what i set out to do. And more. I know i've said it over and over but I really been able to take a huge inventory on my life and where i'm going and what I want more out of my little life i'm making for myself here in MD. I've been able to put to rest some things that were really bothering me and figure out how to move on from different situations in my past. I've set some goals that i think are gonna make a big difference to me in the future. I wrote lots of letters (many of which the other party will never read...) and at lots of ice cream (almost all a social thing, i don't really like ice cream...) and said a lot of prayers i never thought I'd pray. I answered a lot of questions and asked a LOT of questions and bought a new bed ;) I had some really comforting talks with my siblings. I had some really enlightening talks with friends, ones that I sincerely hope they heard the words in my heart and not just the ones over the reciever. I think that's always a fear of mine... I'm not a very good phone talker.
Early morning meetings start tomorrow, and tomorrow starts in about 10 minutes. I'd better start disciplining myself to get to sleep so it's not such a rude awakening.
Peace
2 Responses
  1. stacibee Says:

    Oh my, we're going to miss you out here in good ole' West. Good luck with the first few days of school. I love ya Sis!


  2. Girl Says:

    You're a studette!!